With over 36 years in the painting industry, the experts at L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc. have seen painting trends come and go, but two of the color themes that have stayed true and strong throughout the years are neutral colors such as soft tans and pale greys, and muted colors such as soft blues, soft greens and ivory. The artisans at L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc. are the pro’s when it comes to painting and one of the most commonly asked questions they receive is “What are the most popular interior paint colors?” So we started taking notice of which color palettes we use the most when painting residential homes in East Hampton and the surrounding areas.
Paint Color Mixing, Combinations & Palettes
There is no doubt that shopping for paint colors can be an overwhelming experience. There are so many colors to choose from, and one of the biggest hurdles for homeowners is to stay on task with their final choices. The good news is that our professional painters, color consultants and interior paint designers have learned how to make the most of color combinations, narrowing the selections down to make it so much easier for you to decide upon and help you find the perfect color schemes for your home.
Blending Paint Colors Add Balance to your Rooms
A general rule of thumb at least from a visual standpoint includes selecting paint colors that not only blend well, but also bring balance to room. How does our painting team do this? We start with a main color that is used to cover most of your walls and ceiling (5th wall) with a darker shade for your focal wall to add interest and harmony to the overall appearance of the room.
Keep reading for a selection of the five most popular interior colors that come in at the top of our list of designer paint choices!
1. Soft tan/caramel – Varieties of tan and caramel have long been a very popular option that always looks polished. Caramel in particular is a neutral color that is both rich and inviting, paired with a white trim and some natural accents such as stone countertops in the kitchen or a stone fireplace in the living room and your space is set to perfection. A soft tan offers a calming feeling that can be matched with practically any trim and accent colors. Your design team will help you choose a true tan without pink or yellow undertones. Soft tan and caramel work will in the kitchen, dining room and living room areas.
2. White Dove Grey – A very light grey in the neutral family and is posh, chic and trendy in appearance. White dove grey also offers a fresh clean appearance without looking sterile and will make the perfect neutral backdrop for scattered pieces of color such as bright throw pillows, curtains, place mats and rugs. This color works well in dining rooms, living rooms and bedrooms.
3. Soft Blue – A classic color that offers a hint of opulence with a ton of versatility and is the perfect choice for practically any room within your home. Softer shades of blue add a feeling of warmth especially when paired with a dark chocolate brown which gives the room a contemporary appearance. Soft blues may not be as neutral as tans and grays, but you will still find this color is a creative way to add a subtle contrast to your living space. A perfect choice for foyers, bedrooms, bathrooms and office areas.
4. Soft Green – A beautiful color that is pleasing in appearance without overwhelming the space. Soft Green is the perfect option if you are looking for some color without being tied down to the more neutral shades of tan and grey. It is the perfect color for a guest bedroom, foyer or basement area.
5. Ivory – This shade is the most popular for our clients who want to fill their living space with just the slightest hint of color. Ivory is darker than white and considered a much softer option to tan or yellow. Ivory looks especially warm when used in bathrooms, dens and family rooms and makes selecting accent colors especially simple.
Professional Color Consultants, Painters & Interior Paint Designers in Amagansett, East Hampton, Southampton, Wainscott, Bridgehampton, Montauk, Sag Harbor, Shelter Island, Watermill, Westhampton & The Hamptons New York
While these five paint colors are some of our most popular colors options for our residential clients, there are no rules that are set in stone when it comes to choosing the colors you wish to be part of your day to day experience. For guidance in color selection and design, contact the professionals at L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc and speak with a customer service representative about all of your upcoming interior and exterior painting projects.