Owning a home means having the maintenance that comes with it. The better the home is cared for, the longer it will last in quality condition. Among the list of maintenance needs is that the exterior needs fresh paint from time to time. Finding the right paint has several things to consider. Paint color that enhances homeowner’s personality is usually at the top of the list, but following that, other considerations include average weather conditions for your area, climate control, and the varying other needs for types of materials that are used for your home’s exterior.
L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc. answers your frequently asked questions about exterior painting.
1. How often should a house be repainted on the outside?
– There are many contributing factors as to how often a home’s exterior need to be painted. Generally, interior paint needs more frequent maintenance than does the exterior. If the materials look deteriorated, paint is peeling or looking dull and lifeless, these are signs a home needs to be repainted.
2. What kind of preparations should the homeowner make before the house painting crew comes to paint?
– Our crew can secure and move the necessary items to avoid paint splatters as well as our safety. If the homeowner cares to make it easier, moving the clutter out of the home is best for helping us do our job accordingly.
3. Can my home getting a fresh coat of paint if the exterior is stucco?
– Stucco is not a hindrance for our talent professionals. No matter what materials are used on the exterior of your home, it will be properly treated and painted. In the case of stucco, L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc uses products best suited to this material such as elastomeric caulk. We also find that textured caulk works great for stucco walls! We only use highest quality paints for all our projects. For stucco, we like acrylic latex paint as we find it has good gloss and color retention as well as great, fast drying coverage.
4. Will lawns and landscaping get over spray and paint damage during the course of the painting activities?
– Our leading experts take the time apply drop cloths to the needed areas that cannot be moved. Decks, plants and other flooring are all adequately protected and crew traffic tread delicately in the areas that are sensitive.
5. Why is my exterior house paint peeling?
– With many contributing factors being at hand, more often than not, the paint is peeling because it is old, or the paint was not appropriate for materials that were used on the exterior of your home.
6. How many coats of paint are needed on the exterior of my house?
– We recommend two coats of paint for superior coverage and protection. Even with two coats of paint, our crew gets the job done quickly and efficiently in a satisfactory amount of time.
7. Is pressure washing the exterior before a paint job necessary?
– Our professionals at L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc perform a pressure washing before every exterior paint job to ensure a smooth, clean and high quality paint job.
Interior & Exterior House Painting, Preparation & Finishing in Amagansett, East Hampton, Southampton, Wainscott, Bridgehampton, Montauk, Sag Harbor, Shelter Island, Watermill, Westhampton & The Hamptons New York
We hope your question was answered. If not we welcome you to ask any questions you might have. L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc. experts have been masterfully trained and accrued years of experience to make us the best in our industry. We offer exterior painting among our many services and are eager to help you with your next project. Call us today to get started!