The knowledgeable professionals at L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc. are artisans when it comes to choosing and applying interior and exterior paint. In fact choosing the correct paint color to compliment either your existing flooring or your newly installed flooring can provide balance and harmony and add to the overall beauty of your living space. While there is no right or wrong method, the experts at L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc. have provided some general rules that will assist you in making the right choice for your home.
Consider the Color and Fabrication of Your Flooring:
• If your living space has warm flooring such as mahogany, a general rule of thumb is to use a warm paint color.
• If you are looking for a something that is cozy, select a darker color in the warmer tone. Depending on the amount of light, along with the needs of the room. For example for a sunroom, you can select a lighter shade of paint in a warm color palette.
• If you are upgrading paint color in a room that has a lighter color tile, either dark or light wall colors are recommended. If you want your space to appear open, use light and airy neutral based colors. If you are going for a more dramatic look, then a darker paint color can be used.
• Another good choice that is also fail proof is to match cooler colored flooring such as naturally finished maple with cooler toned paint colors for your walls.
• Remember, warmer colored floors are best paired with warmer colored walls and cooler colored floors with cooler toned walls. It’s about the shade and depths of color which can determine the finished feel of the room.
Lighter or Darker Shades for Flooring With Multiple Colors & Tones
If your floor covering has multiple colors and tones, it is not necessary to match the exact color of the floor when choosing wall color. The experts at L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc., recommend choosing a color that blends with your flooring, particularly a minority color. A professional insider tip from our experts is to match the flooring to your paint color using a paint chart and then selecting a color that is either lighter or darker. This tip will ensure that the color you have selected blends without being an exact match. You will be surprised at how many more color options you can use in your overall design scheme by opening up the available pallet choices of the colors you can use.
Draw Wall Color from Area Rugs
Other things to consider include the use of an area rug. Decorating with area rugs will open up your choices of wall color. Remember, when choosing a wall color to match an area rug, the color does not have to an exact match. Selecting a color that blends based on the minority color will allow you to select many more colors for your overall design.
Interior & Exterior Painting & Color Consulting in Amagansett, East Hampton, Southampton, Wainscott, Bridgehampton, Montauk, Sag Harbor, Shelter Island, Watermill, Westhampton & The Hamptons New York
Choosing the right wall and floor color combination can add a completely new and aesthetically pleasing feel to your home or office. For more information on combining interior paint colors and flooring selections, contact the knowledgeable and experienced artisans at L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc. today.