You can add a lot of value to your home when you choose to paint it, especially if you’re planning to sell it. Painting key rooms like the kitchen and bathroom can get you 1-3% more on the sale of your home according to a Consumer Reports National Research Center survey. Painting the exterior of your home can add 2-5 %. A fresh coat of paint will freshen the outside and inside of your home, making it feel clean, inviting, and like new.
How to Hire a Quality Painting Contractor
- Ask friends and family for a recommendation. The first step you can take is to try and get a referral from someone that you know and trust. Ask you friends and family if they have used a painting contractor that they were happy with.
- Take advantage of the internet. Can’t get a good recommendation? The internet can be your best friend when you’re trying to find a good painter. Houzz, Angie’s List, and Yelp are just a few of the resources you have at your fingertips. Don’t let a few negative reviews be a deal breaker. Look more to the reviews if the company has a lot of them.
- Ask for referrals from the painting contractors. Any reputable company will be more than willing to provide you with referrals. Getting information from previous companies can provide you with all the information you need.
- Get more than one painting bid. It’s always a good idea to get multiple bids for comparison purposes. A little healthy competition will help keep prices at a reasonable level. A good rule of thumb is to get three bids before you make your final decision.
- Interview the painting candidates. Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you want. These contractors are literally interviewing for your job. You want to get all the information you need before you hire them, not after.
Fine Paints of Europe Certified
One more thing you can do is look to see if they are Fine Paints of Europe Certified. Fine paints of Europe are luxurious lasting color paints imported from Holland. They have created a Certified Painting Contractor Program to provide well-trained painting professionals that can give customers the best results in beauty and durability. These painters are familiar with the coatings of this paint and are experienced in their applications and can be recommended with confidence. In addition they are very competitive in price because they can very accurately estimate the job. These certified contractors have worked with these quality paints for at least five years, have attended a weekend training session in Woodstock, Vermont to learn about these paint families and the best way to apply them. They also receive continued certification to ensure customers get quality work at a fair price.
Painting Services & More in Amagansett, Bridgehampton, East Hampton, Hampton Bays, Montauk, North Haven, North Sea, Noyack, Quogue, Shelter Island, Sag Harbor, Sagaponack, Shinnecock Hills, Southampton, Springs, Wainscott, Watermill, Westhampton, Westhampton Beach, New York
You may already have a painting contractor that you rely on. If you don’t, please consider contacting L.W. Winslow Painting, Inc. Our painters are Fine Paints of Europe certified and ready to service you. Give us a call today!