When it comes to the interior design of our homes, we always want to choose a unique style that complement our homes, as well as our personalities. When it comes to the walls, not only do you have a wide range of choices in colors, designs, patterns and accents; but you also have to make a decision regarding the use of paint or wallpaper.
Where this choice could be hard to make for those who enjoy wrapping the wall in paper, and delight in coating the walls with the paint, sometimes we have to weigh in the pros and cons of each to ultimately reach a decision.
L.W. Winslow Painting would like to offer the pros and cons of painting VS wallpaper.
Advantages of Wallpaper
– Durability. Vinyl wallpaper is of good use with children, it is easily cleaned and holds up well in most cases.
– Versatility. Wallpaper comes in a wide range of colors and designs, as well as finish variations for different textures.
– Installation. Easily installed for someone ably to work on ladders and even easier done with help.
– Wallpaper does not do well humidity or highly moistened rooms like bathrooms.
– Very hard to remove, should you desire a change down the road.
– Hard to install for those that can’t work on ladders or have help.
Pros of Painting
– Variety. There is a vast array of choices, from colors to textures, to sheens and ability to dictate patterns. Painting offers a range of options for a unique style.
– Easily changed. If down the road you desire change, paint is easily painted over, or primed and then painted over.
– Painting is a simple task for those who don’t mind working on a ladder, and have help for a speedy process.
– If the wall gets damaged, painting can be difficult to match up.
– Hard to accomplish if it is difficult to work on a ladder and are doing the job solo.
– Touchup maintenance is more regular.
No matter which way you decide, you want your walls to enhance your homes sense of elegance and charm, and be welcoming, inviting, and comfortable. A popular choice is utilizing both; either having an accent wall adorned with wallpaper or the accent wall finished in paint. A wonderful option if you are still indecisive.
Professional Residential Painters & Commercial Painting Contractors in Amagansett, East Hampton, Southampton, Wainscott, Bridgehampton, Montauk, Sag Harbor, Shelter Island, Watermill, Westhampton & The Hamptons New York
At L.W. Winslow Painting, we have experienced professionals that can get your walls painted quickly and efficiently. For those who have difficulty on ladders, lack the time, or know how, or simply don’t have the desire to undertake the task of painting your walls, give us a call today!